Tuesday 5 April 2011

ABC Scripture Challenge - Gift

God is so generous to us! When it comes to gift giving...He is the Master! First of all He gave the ultimate gift when He gave us His Son, Jesus! He was the best gift I've ever received! :o) However, His gift-giving just goes on and on. I love the verse in James 1:17. The first part of it says..."Every good and perfect gift is from above..." I started making a list of all the different kinds of gifts God gives us, but it was getting way TOO long for this post! lol
For my page I chose Scripture that focused on the gifts of talents that God has given us. He has given each of us our own individual talent. We are instructed to use those God-given talents to serve others, and "faithfully administer God's grace." I'd say it's the least we can do when He has been so good to us! :o)

Papers: My Mind's Eye Home Glitter Pad Pink;
Dies: Sizzix Tags, Scallops Combo #2,
Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals;
MM Slice Design Card - Noteworthy;
Stamps: Jazz It Up Alphabet;
Ink: Martha Stewart - forget-me-not, stem green;
Punch: Martha Stewart - Poinsettia Vine;
Ribbons: Offray, Celebrate It Holiday;
Markers: Marvy Le Plume II - lt. blue, pine green;
Unknown: cardstock, brad.

7 comments:

gardenpinks said...

A nice 'clean' page with the verse holding prominent position. I do admire your talent for beautiful handwriting Nancy.
Love the ribbon 'bow' finished with a flower :)

Love and hugs
Lynn xx

Tracy said...

I know what one of your talents is--encouragement. People always want to look at the obvious stuff--singing, musical instruments, etc., but there are so many other ways God manifests talent in us. Teaching, organizing, and definitely encouraging. Some people have the gift to uplift you no matter what's going on. You have that my friend. I hope God continues to keep filling you up with all the love that you share with your friends. You always make me smile. Hugs!

Susan M said...

Absolutely beautiful! wonderful colours together.The flower isso lovely too! I have just got this tattered florals die and mine don't seem to turn out so well. Will make a few based on your flower to practice!I agree with the above comment in that you are always so encouraging about our pages for this challenge and you never fail to take the time to leave lovely comments.Thank you!

leslieb said...

Wow, fantastic page. Using the MS punch to add pizazz to the ribbon is beautiful. Nancy, YOU are a gift to us. I have to say Tracy has said it all and I can't think of any other way to say how you bless others with your gifts of love. As usual you make my heart happy with each creation of yours that is shared with everyone. I'm so glad to have you as my friend.
Love you - Leslie

doulanana said...

Your blog looks so pretty too! Thanks for the words of wisdom Nancy and I love your page. Your prize is on the way!!!

Jonia said...

What a wonderful page and you wrapped it like a gift. I love it. And, you are so right, He was the best gift of all!

Geri said...

Great encouragement, Nancy! I think this was meant for me (AGAIN--I guess that's how God's word is :) I do believe that if there is something that god has given us that is a treasure to us--that we're passionate about--He intends for us to share it. I have been considering and praying about this with this paper passion of mine. I've been thinking of possibly sharing at local nursing homes with those who are able. My aunt just passed away but was in a nursing home for years--making some type of beaded bracelets (she was in another state) When she would run out of beads, she would let my dad know and he would go to Hobby Lobby and get a new stash to send her. I'll bet, after giving up her home, and with her husband gone, that she would have gone crazy without that creative outlet. I've been thinking that maybe card making could be that same outlet for some of the ladies here locally, but haven't yet investigated it. Pray that I will do that soon, if you will--I'm taking this post as a challenge--a much needed challenge--so thank you once again, friend. Blessings to you in the coming week, Nancy!! (I ADORE your boy/girl page!! Love the images and embellishments! And love the way you framed it in like a snapshot!!)

Blog Archive