Friday 4 November 2011

ABC Scripture Challenge - Value

Happy Friday to all of you! I know I've been a little bit quiet lately but I've still been busy with my big project. It will be posted on Sunday, so I hope you all come back and take a look at it! :o)
I'm happy to have a Scripture Challenge page for you today! Today's word is "value" which is defined as "relative worth, merit or importance." There were several different directions to go with this word but I really liked this verse in 1 Timothy 4:8. It says: "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." Now, I don't know about you but I got quite excited to read the part where it says "...physical training is of some value BUT..." Does this mean I don't really have to get on the treadmill today? lol No, we can't stop reading there...we have to keep going and read the WHOLE verse. What it says is that there is value in excercise but there is much greater value in the pursuit of godliness. They both benefit us in this life, but only godliness will benefit us in the life to come. Again, I will remind myself that I still need to get on the treadmill! However, I need to do it with a book, music or tv show that will also promote the pursuit of godliness. I do appreciate it when the Lord leads me to an action verse! It reminds me of what I need to be doing every day! So I'm off to put the finishing touches on my big project, and then get on the treadmill with some worship music! I wish you all JOY as you pursue godliness in your own lives! :o)


Papers: K & Company - Julianne 6 X 6 Paperpad;
MM Slice Design Cards: Vintage Findings, 
Grandma's Attic, Home Sweet Home;
Ribbon: Celebrate It;
Bling: i-Rock Hot Rocks Metal Accents.


12 comments:

Nancy K said...

Loving the rich color palette and intricate design elements, Nancy! Great scripture choice too!

Teen Queen said...

Elegant page. And yes we must get on the treadmill.(LOL) great scripture!

Tracy said...

But I want it to mean the treadmill! LOL Your page is lovely just like the thought behind it. :-) Can't wait to see what you have to show us! Hugs!

Jan Marie said...

Love the monochromatic look of your page and all of the flourishes! Beautiful. . .thankfully, the treadmill the Lord has us on leads to somewhere. . .and how blessed it will be!

Lilly M said...

Nancy, thank you for reminding me that EVERYTHING I do should be pleasing to God. I need to always be preparing myself for eternity with Christ. tfs your beautiful page...

Anne-Marie said...

A good scripture on your lovely art. I like your soft colour choice.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, I love all the embellishments and the colors are so pretty.

Susan M said...

The vintage findings are beautiful and the colours are so lovely! What a great verse to share with my athletic friends! Really looking forward to your big project!

Jonia said...

Nancy just love your post and the verse you chose to go on this beautiful page! You are such and blessing to me just through your post! Really made me think when I read this post! Blessings to you!

Jacilynn said...

very pretty! I love the dies. Great card Nancy!

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful card to remind us that time with the Lord is for eternity. Causing us to consider how we spend our time today. Thanks for sharing!

gardenpinks said...

Beautiful page as always Nancy and love the centre accent and flourishes. Lovely
Hugs
Lynn xx

Blog Archive