Friday 12 July 2013

Hymn and Scripture Challenge #9 - This Is My Father's World

Hello, my friends!
I've been so busy staying ahead with my DT work that I have fallen behind on my Hymn and Scripture pages. I'm not happy about that...so you can expect to see the next ones very soon!
Today's hymn is one of my FAVORITE hymns!! Yes, I always say "favorite" but when I capitalize it I REALLY mean it! lol
My page is very simple. I did consider embellishing it but decided that would interfere with the message it holds. I used my Music Notes wheel stamp over a piece of kraft paper. I printed out this fabulous Map Of Canada image that Pamela had over at Free Vintage Digital Stamps. I cut it down and punched it with my new doily punch - it represents the world. The title is cut out with my Cricut. I cut out the scalloped circle and wrote my chosen Scripture verses on it. I then backed that with a plain black circle. I added some word strips in the bottom corners. These are taken from the final verse of the hymn, which is the verse that inspired my page. It says:
"This is my Father's world, O let me ne'er forget
that though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world, why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King! Let heaven ring! God reigns! Let earth be glad!"

Isn't that fabulous? I think we should all sing this every time we watch the news! We all know the terrible devastation that is going on all around the world these days; fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes and floods. The list could just go on and on! What an incredible comfort to know that God is still the Ruler, it is HIS world...and He reigns!! Why should our hearts be sad? Can you imagine the sound of heaven ringing? This leads me to the Scripture verses I used on my page. Psalm 98:8-9 says:
"Let the rivers clap their hands,
let the mountains sing together for joy;
let them sing before the Lord, for He comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
and the peoples with equity."

Okay, so put it all together and let's imagine that incredible sound. We've got heaven ringing, the rivers clapping their hands, and the mountains singing together for joy! Hokey Dinah...I'm ready to hear that!! Please don't let your hearts be sad by what goes on in this world. God is good...and God RULES! :o)



Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Carstock;
Stamp: Stampin' Up Music Notes Wheel;
Ink: Stampin' Up - Soft Suede;
Punch: WRMK Mini 8 Punch - Doily;
Cricut Cartridge: Alphabet;
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Standard Circles (LG),
Classic Scalloped Circles (LG).

* * * * *
Linking Up To:

(As always, Patter has a beautiful devotional)


* * * * *
Here is Amy Grant singing this hymn. 
The words are all displayed.
Enjoy!


12 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is beautiful Nancy! So perfect to have the world map go with the name of the hymn and I love the vintage 'old world' look of this.

Unknown said...

Love the combination of papers Nancy and your beautiful handwriting! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Jennifer said...

Praise God He is Lord over all! Beautiful page! I love the music and the map papers you used.

Jonia said...

Love it Nancy! You are right, the message stands out so well just as it is.

alexandra s.m. said...

It's a beautiful way to end this glorious week my Friend!
and how exciting is it that you would be getting a Target too...Gabrielle told me they were getting one in Montréal as well ;-)

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

This is very beautiful Nancy. I love the vintage feel of it. This is a lovely hymn. Amy Grant sings it beautifully. Thanks for sharing. xx Kathryne

Kelly said...

Joyful hymn of praise! I especially love it on the doily from a map and then on a sheet of music. Love the vintage aging you did with it. A beautiful piece!!
Are you making a book for these, that would be a wonderful keepsake!!!
Hugs Kelly

Susan M said...

A lovely post Nancy ! It is so easy to get discouraged reading a newspaper or watching the news ,the verse you chose is so fitting! I love how you have incorporated the map in your page ,its beautiful how the verse stands out. Your music notes wheel stamp is fabulous and love the colours !

Tracy said...

Knowing He is in charge is the best comfort in the world. You're right, this world is so filled with bad stuff anymore, but He's still on the throne. Beautiful page Nancy. Hugs!

Cely said...

following you! :)

this is really pretty, nancy!!!! :) your handwriting is pretty amazing. i thought it was printed!

Embellishments said...

Lovely page Nancy. Love the map surrounding the hymn and the music notes in the background :-)
~Steff~

leslieb said...

When you posted this I was in Colorado for our daughter's wedding. This day, the day after the wedding, my family and I had taken a trip to the mountains. Joe and I went to our daughter's home early and set off the security alarm in her home. That was a riot! After the police arrived and the alarm was silenced I found your post. You always have a way of putting my crazy mind back on the right path and I thank you for that my friend.

Love you - Leslie

Blog Archive