Tuesday 28 April 2015

A Rose is a rose is a rose! :o)

Hello, my friends!

I made a card today for several challenges that I want to participate in.
It's so fun when I can enter several of my favorites with one card!  :o)

I used several new products on this card:
a pretty new Image,
four new Cheery Lynn dies,
one of my new roses,
and a new digi sentiment that I made.

I have a funny little story to tell you.
I've been busy colouring up a whole bunch of new images.
As I was getting notifications of new challenges, 
I was coming up with a project in my mind.
Then today the new Tiddly Ink challenge was announced,
and that inspired me to make my sentiment.
It was so that I could enter my card in their challenge too.

So...I put my card all together, take photos, and start blogging.
Only to realize I didn't use my Tiddly Ink image at all! 
Oh, well! Maybe next time! lol

In case you're interested in using my sentiment, I'll pop it into my "Free Stuff" page.
I forgot to add Shakespeare's name to it but I think everyone knows he said it. 



Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock, K & Company - Watercolor Bouquet;
Image: Wee Stamp by Sylvia Zet - Polly,
Spectrum Noir Markers;
Dies: Cheery Lynn - Celtic Heart Border, Sentiment Frame 1,
Dutch Scallop Square Frame, Mini Leaf;
Pearls and Mini Flowers: Unknown;
Stickles: Star Dust;
Large Rose: The Nickel Nook;
Sentiment: The Nickel Nook.

* * * * *
Linking Up To:

The Scrapbook Blessings Club Colour Challenge - Pink, White, Green

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #182 - Anything Goes


Whimsy Stamps Challenge #82 - Colour an Image


* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by!
EnJOY the rest of the week! :o)

19 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, such a sweet card :)
The image is so cute and you coloured her up perfectly.
Beautiful flower as well :)

Marilyn said...

Fabby card Nancy and super good colouring, love the shine in her hair. Gorgeous rose and your sentiment is perfect, perfect, perfect!

Kreatives von Andrea said...

wow Nancy, what a amazing card......the design and coloring are so great...i love it.

Big hug from Andrea

Natalie said...

What a sweet card, Nancy!! Love it!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous card. Your rose is stunning.
Hugs,
Teresa

VintageScrapsCanada said...

I adore your stamp - Your colouring job her hair is amazing!

Donna Hanley said...

Darling card and that rose is just gorgeous. Enjoy the evening.

Cindy said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and that rose is amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at SBC this month.

Kat W said...

A beautiful design, gorgeous pearly details...so pretty :-)
The image is lovely even if it isn't the one you first intended to use! I have to admit I have done something similar when making a card for challenges as opposed to a DT/commission card...I write down all the themes I'm going to cover...and invariably realise at the end that it doesn't fit one or more!
Oh well, it's all fun and hey, there's a fabulous card at the end of it so it's all good :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

shulsart said...

Aww, what a sweet card. That image is adorable and so sweetly colored. Looks like you had fun with your new dies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

alexandra s.m. said...

a real work of art Nancy!
GORGEOUS!!
xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Dunja Trautmann said...

Awwww what a sweetie Nancy, just a pretty sweet image, your stunning coloring, the style of the card, i love everything about it :) specially the flower and sentiment you've used!

Huggles and a wonderful day for you my friend
Dunja xx

Kelly said...

Oh this is a gorgeous card and I love the rose and how you did it! I have missed commenting on your things but I am enjoying them as they pass through my feeds. Thinking about you a ton, wishing we had time for emails, miss you!!
Hugs Kelly

Debbie's Time Out said...

Very precious card. I like the flower arrangement with the doily and pearls. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

Penny said...

Hilarious, Nancy! Sounds like something I would do! Snort, snicker...
Your card is just darling! Love your sweet image & coloring; great design; love the fab die cuts, sentiment, and papers! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Rosmarie said...

Love all about this card!! - So sweet and gorgeous!
Hugs, Rosi

Unknown said...

I’m saying farewell to blogland and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your wonderful creations, lovely friendship and sweet comments all this time. It’s been a real pleasure being part of this amazingly beautiful blogging community and I will surely miss you loads, but life is taking me elsewhere. Thanks for being such a dear blogging friend and for sharing your fabulous creativity, we’ll be in touch somehow, somewhere! Sending lots of love and hugs your way, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Susan M said...

Gorgeous card Nancy ! Your rose is just beautiful , and thanks for the sentiment !

Blog Archive