Tuesday 19 July 2016

Polkadoodles Digi Choosday - Flowers

Hello, my friends!

It's time for Digi Choosday at Polkadoodles!

Every Tuesday is Digi Choosday!
This means you can visit the blog to get a special discount code that is only available for 24 hours.

There is also a fun new challenge every Tuesday,
with a wonderful prize to be won!
The challenge this week is "Flowers".

For my project, I have again used the Winnie Sugar Sprinkles - Fruit Punch Collection.
It's a fantastic collection FULL of goodness!

I had made this explosion box a little while ago using my Cricut.
I thought it would be fun to decorate it for this challenge.

I began by printing out two of the full flower sheets from the florals file.
I fussy cut all the flowers, and layered them up.
I then printed several of the papers from the papers file.
I cut them to fit all the flaps in my explosion box. 
I also cut the pretty butterfly paper to fit around the outside of my box.
I distressed and inked all the paper edges, and then inked the flowers. 
Finally, I adhered everything together, filling the top with all the flowers.



Here's a closer look at all the flowers:


I used the butterfly paper around the outside of the box.
I thought it worked really well with all the flowers.


Here's the open box with the lid beside.
It's hard to show all the flaps in the photo 
but each one is covered with paper from the collection.


I added just one layered flower to the center.


Finally, I wrapped the lid with a pretty ribbon,
and then added a loopy bow.


Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock;
Cricut Cartridge: Mini Books - Explosion Box;
*I used two full flower pages, and four of the papers*
Ribbon: Offray;
Pearls: Crafts.



Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes Challenge Blog


* * * * *
There's always LOTS going on over at Polkadoodles!

Here are all the links for you:




17 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Oooh this is totally delicious, Nancy! xxx

Unknown said...

This is so pretty - it is a real gift in itself!

What I Created Next said...

Oooh that's divine. Those flowers are stunning xx

Moni said...

So beautiful!!!!

Susan M said...

It's fabulous Nancy ! The flowers are beautiful , can't believe you've cut them out by hand , great for people who don't have a die cutting machine. Love the papers and pretty bow !

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW so VERY beautiful, what a joy to open too. lovely colours.
Faith
x

Beverly said...

Quite a project. I love doing things like this that turn out so pretty. A real accomplishment my new friend!~Bev

Marilyn said...

I had to come and snoop after seeing this on FB. It's so pretty and I love the concept of explosion boxes.

Lori Turner said...

Nancy, this is so pretty!! It turned out amazing!

Julie Reed said...

Beautiful I really like the inside too x

Jonia said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love it my friend.

Deedee Anderson said...

This is so cheerful! I can almost smell those flowers, and the butterfly paper is perfect with them. I can't even imagine the amount of time you put into this. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous exploding box, beautiful :)

Romina said...

I love it! I love it! I love it!

Eekers said...

Lovely way to show off this collection! It would be so lovely to receive too! Stunning work :)
Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a pretty box, love the butterflies and the awesome flowers. Thank you for joining our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

GalFridayStamping said...

Nancy, what a beautiful project! Love all the lovely flowers and the papers you used. ❤️

Blog Archive