Tuesday 10 April 2018

Clear Scraps - Wooden Patina Hinge Card

Hello, my friends!

I'm excited to share my first Clear Scraps DT project with you today!
I've got so many fun projects coming up!
The hardest part has been deciding what to create first! :o)

The first project that I am sharing with you is a fun mixed media card:


Here is how I made it.

I began with the Blank Wood Card.
These are brand new, and will be in the shop VERY soon!
The bottom hinge was adhered in place in full.
The second hinge was cut shorter, and adhered above the first.


To decorate this piece, I used the Prima Patina Effect Paste.
I've never used these before, so I was excited to get started!
Using a scruffy brush, I began with the blue and then moved on to the green. 
I added this to the card front using a pouncing motion. 
These pastes have a wonderful texture and they're fabulous fun!
I alternated back and forth between the two, wet on wet, until I had the look I wanted. 
You can see where I added more blue around the hinges.
This adds a nice shadow effect.
Then I set it aside to dry. It didn't take long.


Now it was time to bring out the brass paste.
To begin, I used a delicate fan brush to lightly sweep on some color. 
I wanted it heavier around the edges of the card, 
and along the edges of the hinges.
For that I used my finger, as it offered more control.


You can see in these photos that the brads have already been added. 
To do that, I cut the prongs off of the mini brass brads.
Then I used Glossy Accents to adhere them securely into the hinge holes.


The Clear Scraps Wood Card Shape came with two pieces:
a front and a back.
I kept the back wood piece plain but I wanted to attach the two pieces.
I did this by using a piece of coordinating cardstock.  
The front and back are measured just a touch smaller than the wood pieces, 
but I also included a 1/8" gusset.
If there's no gusset, then the card won't open up properly.
The cardstock offers a wonderful opportunity for some stamping,
or writing a message, or both!


Isn't all that pretty texture wonderful?


Here's one final look at the finished card:


Materials Used:
Prima Patina Effect Paste: Mint Green, Blue, Brass;
Mini Brass Brads - 15;
Coordinating Cardstock;
Glossy Accents.

*You'll find a printable file of this project over at the Clear Scraps Blog.*

* * * * *
Linking Up To:





* * * * *  
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back with another project share next week! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:


10 comments:

Katie said...

This is fabulous and love the patina effect

Sandy Palmer said...

This is so cool looking! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
Sandy DT

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous this looks amazing Love and hugs Carole x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OMG Nancy, what an amazing result, a FABULOUS project.
Faith
x

Donna Phelan said...

Fantastic! I'm going to have to check out that paste. I have made 'patina' using paints and embossing powders. LOVE how your hinges came out! WOW!!!

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is gorgeous. Love the patina you created. Hugs, Teresa

Maria Pilar said...

Absolutely pretty! Love this job Nancy. ¡Great!

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous!!
I would never have thought this was a card, it looks like it should be displayed on a wall.
I am sure the recipient will do just that.

Jane Royston said...

Fab project! You have created a wonderful effect. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month, Jane (DT) :) x

Natalie said...

wonderful project! Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

Blog Archive